Video is one of the fastest growing forms of online marketing content today, and with good reason. 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
With an estimated 20B USD to be spent on video marketing by 2016, companies will be making more video content than ever before. While that quantifies the growing popularity of the medium, here are a few facts to consider:
- As the volume of video content from companies grows, the potential for capturing audience attention shrinks. Differentiating is going to become harder.
- If people just passively watch a video, and leave without completing any action, what’s driving conversion?
- Apart from basic viewership statistics, what can we learn about our audience through their engagement with our videos? Not much.
- Technology has evolved to serve highly personalized content on almost every online touch-point (websites, email, ads etc.), so why are videos still left in the dust? The one-size-fits-all video experience will have to evolve.
The good news is: such evolution is already here, in the form of Interactive Video. It’s a newer, smarter form of video that breaks barriers and allows viewers to actually influence what happens next. In doing so, Interactive Video turns passive viewers into active participants who are engaged, entertained and leave the video with a lasting memory of the experience.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, there’s loads more you can do with Interactive Video.
So, what exactly is it and how does it work? Here’s an Interactive Video that explains it all:
Brands like IKEA, Philips, Unilever, Deloitte, Maybelline New York, BMW and many more have already started using Interactive Video in their marketing. That said, IT-backed innovation often demands huge budgets, making it accessible only to large companies with deep pockets.
That’s why Dot has created a new online tool that makes Interactive Videos accessible to any company with higher ambitions and a bit of creativity. Marketers can now turn any standard video into a rich interactive experience – without needing any programming skills or IT support.
Sounds pretty neat right?
Here’s what you can do using Dot:
- Ask questions during the video and adapt video content in real-time based on responses
- Drive conversion by placing ‘hotspots’ (or ‘tags’) on objects in your video that provide more detailed information (e.g. products or features) and link directly to your website or e-shop
- Capture leads and permissions – insert newsletter subscription forms, opt-in forms or contest participation forms right into your video
- Collect deeper data about your audience – find out exactly what they are clicking on, what video content interests them most, what they answer to your questions and even who they are (by using permission forms)
- Connect with social media by embedding ‘like’, ‘share’, ‘tweet’ and comment streams into your video
- Entertain your audience with fun games, quizzes, personality tests and contests – all embedded seamlessly into your video!
‘Any Video Can Be Interactive — and Soon, They All Will Be’ – MASHABLE